IF THERE IS one single maxim that encapsulates Dr. Patricia Blanton’s approach to leading the dozen-plus state and national organizations she has helmed over the years, it’s this: “The wrong culture can never create the right plan.”
She is, after all, a woman whose abbreviated curriculum vitae is five pages long — and she has applied this mantra at every stop throughout her varied career. It was especially pertinent when, in 2003, she was elected the first female president of the Texas Dental Association.
Dr. Blanton was one of the half-dozen outstanding women who took home a 2017 Lucy Hobbs Project Award after the Project’s 5th Anniversary Celebration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Blanton embodies the fighting spirit and community devotion that pioneer Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor – the first American woman to earn a degree in dentistry – once did herself. Read to find out how to nominate an Industry Icon for a 2018 Lucy Hobbs Project Award.
Know Someone Similar?
There’s still time to nominate an Industry Icon for a 2018 Lucy Hobbs Project Award prior to the April 27, 2018 deadline.
Award categories include:
- Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry
- Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry
- Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others
- Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure
- Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others
- Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care.
If you know someone who fits the criteria above, click here to nominate her today.
Mark your calendar to attend this year’s celebration September 13 to 15 in San Francisco. Don’t wait to register: http://www.lucyhobbscelebration.com/