Thedailyfloss.com started out with a laugh. Unless you take denture-shaped ice cubes seriously. What better way to introduce you to TheDailyFloss.com than with a guide to holiday gift-giving – all things dental of course?
If a dentist occupies a special place in your heart, if you’re a practical practitioner sending Santa a tip list or if you’ve been searching for that snappy denture bracelet for years, you might want to flash back to 14 days of unique shopping options, beginning with Our Gift to You: http://thedailyfloss.com/2013/12/19/our-gift-to-you/
If you’re a fan of #tbt (throwbackThursday), then a #tpt (toothpasteTuesday) nod to vintage preventive care option might be of interest. What was exciting 30 years ago? According to this retro ad, Aqua-fresh‘s triple protection formula inspired wide-eyed anticipation. Here’s a flashback to some of your favorite toothpaste commercials from the 1980s.
TheDailyFloss.com sought to offer more than just laughs. On the short list: updates on industry offerings (CAD/CAM much?), dental meetings across the globe (isn’t it time for Midwinter madness yet?) and practitioners, manufacturers and distributors at work, play and at their best – volunteering and donating to the greater good.
Noteworthy news bites (Massachusetts Dental Society’s 150th anniversary), ways to wile away winter weekends (At dental museums, where else?), exclusive exposes (Infection control at its worst) — we included those.
And thanks to a number of dental publications and bloggers hard at work all year, as well, (Dentaltown, DrBicuspid.com, Incisal Edge, ADA News, First Impressions, IDT, to name just a few) we offered links to breaking news, scientific breakthroughs and
insightful surveys (Dentists are really, really happy. Take that, clowns.)
TheDailyFloss is proud to bring you dental-inspired poetry (we’re secretly rhyming rappers here at TheDailyFloss.)
We’ve even visited high-fashion photo shoots (with 40 of America’s best young dentists) to deliver you behind-the-scenes coverage: 2014 Incisal Edge 40 Under 40 Photo Shoot in Greenwich Village, NYC
And our contributing bloggers tackled every topic from:
* today’s dental education (Meet Daniel Shimansky, a student at The University of Pennsylvania),
* practice management (Thanks to guru Lisa Philp, president of Transitions ),
* yoganomics (Take time to stretch, say team members at Dental Enhancements),
* history (Oh, the things you can learn from Benco Dental’s Chairman, Chief Customer Advocate and collector of vintage dental equipment Larry Cohen)
* success stories (Be inspired by dental practices across the U.S. with Benco Dental Managing Director Chuck Cohen) and more thanks to new guest bloggers thedailyfloss.com welcomes every day (contact MolarMuse if you’d like to contribute at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks to loyal readers who’ve been with us since day one, and new commenters who join every day. With you in mind, thedailyfloss.com aims to continue delivering an amalgamation of what’s new on the dental scene.