A: The Greater New York Dental Meeting, which begins Friday, November 28 and continues through Wednesday, December 3.
What better deal on Black Friday than:
- 350 Scientific Programs
- Over 700 Exhibitors
- 6 Hours of Free CE Daily
- Live 450-Seat Dentistry Arena
- ColLABoration: Dental Lab for Dental Technicians
- Implant Expo & Technology Pavilion
What’s new this year? Greater NY Dental Meeting invites people to join the official “Ribbon Cutting” of the Inaugural 2014 World Implant EXPO on Sunday, November 30, 1:30 p.m. on the Exhibit Floor Classroom 1, Aisle 2000, as well as the Opening Day Reception following the completion of Sunday’s program at 5:15 p.m
While traveling, take your show on the road with the GNYDM 2014 Mobile App- get breaking news, win cool prizes and join the conversation with the official hashtag #GNYDM.
By Kelsi Matylewicz/ Benco Dental Intern
Some Thanksgiving table traditions can affect your oral health, but there are some simple ways you can help battle cavities while still enjoying your favorite holiday trimmings.
Try to pair carb-heavy foods (stuffing, rolls, pies, cakes) with some protein (turkey). This helps to counteract some of the acids produced when sugars and bacteria in the mouth come together.
Limit your consumption of sticky foods. These foods take longer to chew, meaning they stay in the mouth longer and increase cavity risk.
Don’t forget to carry a travel toothbrush with you to your Thanksgiving meal destination. If for some reason you can’t brush your teeth, rinse with water to rid of debris and acids in your mouth.
Finally, (even though we all know it’s hard to do) try not to graze so much because every time you do, it is adding more acids.
By following these simple holiday dental care tips, provided by Best Dentist News, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy while still enjoying all of your favorite holiday foods!
PS: Another friendly reminder, include your five major food groups :
- Milk: Great in mashed potatoes.
- Meat: Plain old turkey or ham.
- Grains: Stuffing and warm bread drizzled with butter.
- Vegetables: Yummy yams and broccoli casserole.
- Fruits: Cranberry sauce and delicious fruit salad.
To view more visit http://dentistry.about.com/od/dentalhealth/a/thanksgiving.htm
By Brian Dawson/Incisal Edge Managing Editor
Through no fault of their own, two San Diego–area dentists have become catastrophe-preparedness experts. In just the past decade, their practice has been battered by two fires, a major water leak and, this past spring, a car that crashed through their storefront and came to rest in their waiting room.
Take it from Drs. Roger Moynihan and Amy Jessel, the husband-and-wife team behind Mission Family Dentistry in Oceanside, California: Both preparedness and after-the-fact smarts are key.
• KNOW YOUR COVERAGE INSIDE AND OUT. “Be sure your insurance is adequate and that you know what you have,” Dr. Jessel says.
• HAVE A CONTINGENCY PLAN. Only once, after the first fire in 2004, did Mission have to relocate; they worked from a temporary space nearby for eight months.
• A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS INVALUABLE. “When people ask us about our bad luck, I like to think we actually have a guardian angel hovering over us,” Dr. Jessel says.
• ANY ACCIDENT OFFERS A PREPAREDNESS TEMPLATE FOR NEXT TIME. None of the four incidents was Mission Family Dentistry’s fault; the practice is in a strip mall, and the two fires and the water leak all started in nearby businesses.
Read the complete interview in the latest issue of dental lifestyle magazine Incisal Edge: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/2bc2b9ad#/2bc2b9ad/26
By Kelsi Matylewicz/ Benco Dental Social Media Intern
Benco Dental and Glidewell Laboratories will host a seminar for same day crowns, utilizing digital impressions and chairside milling.
The presenter will be Dr. Joseph R. Fox, DDS, whom after serving in the Army went on to attend the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Dentistry in San Antonio. He relocated to Arizona, where he has been practicing ever since. Dr. Fox is a fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, and pursues continuing education.
The seminar takes place on December 4, 2014. CE: 2 Credits Fee: Free
Time: 5:30 p.m. Registration,
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Lecture and Hands-On
Location: Benco Dental Design Showroom
3590 Harbor Gateway N
Costa Mesa, California 92626
In order to register, contact Irene Acuesta-Miranda
Phone: 714-424-0977 x 5 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: http://www.glidewelldental.com/email-blast/2014-11/benco-dental/email.html